Re: Turkish (tr-TR) L10N patches

Subject: Re: Turkish (tr-TR) L10N patches
From: alper (shullgum@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 18:41:52 CST

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 04:30:44PM +0000, Andrew Dunbar wrote:
> --- alper <shullgum@yahoo.com> wrote: >
> > Is anybody taking care of these? Any problem?
>
> They've been checked in but I noticed the .strings
> file was not checked in.
> I also noticed that all the files seem to be in CP1254
> encoding but declare
> themselves to be ISO-8859-1.

How did you notice that? What tells it so?

> I'm trying to test them but not having much luck on my
> system. Have you
> been able to test them? On what system?

yes, tested quite thoroughly, platform is Win2K-English having
ISO-8859-1 & 9 support (and a bunch of code conversion tables),
with Cygwin 1.3.6-4 & its tools. No problem.

> I have Turkish-capable fonts and Mozilla renders
> Turkish correctly. I can
> also run AbiWord as eg, Cyrillic.

And I have Netscape 6.2, it renders .strings files correctly and changes
encoding per se.

In fact, multilingual capabilities of W2K is a bit mystery to me.
Lastly, I used vi through Cygwin Bash shell to edit .strings, and it
also renders OK (but I can't tell this is _really_ a text mode app in
W2K ;))

Regards,
--alper