Re: bidi status report

Subject: Re: bidi status report
From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 20:29:08 CST

Dom Lachowicz wrote:

>On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 15:10, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
>
>[snip wonderful bidi report]
>
>Thank you very much for your work here and for the excellent status
>report.
>
>Right now I'm hesitant to turn on Bidi by default. There have been
>unfortunate serious breakages related to Bidi in the recent past, and
>quite frankly, I'm afraid that they might happen again in the near
>future.

at the moment we have default build and bidi build

if you want to make bidi the defautl how about a comprimise
default build (bidi) and also non-bidi build?

Thats not ideal either (it possibly the worst of both worlds) but i just
thought i suggest it.
Id prefer if you waited until after v1.0, that way we can say v1.0 is
absoultely the most stable we could possibly make it.

Sincerely
Alan