Re: UPLOAD: 0.9.6.1 rpms for redhat 7.2

Subject: Re: UPLOAD: 0.9.6.1 rpms for redhat 7.2
From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@multicert.com)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 14:50:45 CST

On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 16:27, Martin Sevior wrote:
> Well apart from a warning message when applying. "User builder not
> present. Using root instead." This would be disconcerting for most
> people. Next can can you build as root?

No fscking way! :)

root is only needed for administration, and abiword does not require
root for anything at all.

The need of user root for doing anything is a misconception which in the
utter limit would draw unix user/group/others permissions to a level of
security the like of which could only be seen on Macs and on Windows Up
To Me

I think that there is a bug in the rpm spec about that, I'll look into
it.

Thanks for all your input Martin :)

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?