Re: I plan to move AbiGdkPixbuf into the main tree.

Subject: Re: I plan to move AbiGdkPixbuf into the main tree.
From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@multicert.com)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 14:57:17 CST

On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 18:39, Martin Sevior wrote:
> I plan to move the gnome-only plugin AbiGdkpixbuf into the main
> tree so that it is always built for the gnome platform. It's seems silly
> to leave it as plugin given every gnome user has the required library
> already.

It would seem fine however...

> Any objections?

I don't see any real advantage of doing that since it could deprive gtk
users of using gdk_pixbuf plugin.

It would seem to be an advantage for a less experienced user, however,
if he's so less experienced as not to be able to rpm -ivh another
package, than he won't even install abiword at all.

Also, that's presuming he wants that.

Disadvantages:
  1) more troublesome creation of a seperate plugin for gtk version
  2) plugin will "strangely" not be able to install since it will
conflict with the gnome build
  3) less separation between plugins and _the_abiword_ app

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?