Re: The Need For Standard Release Procedures

Subject: Re: The Need For Standard Release Procedures
From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@multicert.com)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 22:44:43 CST

On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 17:42, Jared Davis wrote:
> On September 26, I proposed that we adopt a standard release strategy and
> proivded a draft document. No discussion resulted from this.
> I would like to re-suggest this. I would like to point out that at present:
> + Savannah does not have several packages that are on SourceForge:
> (MacOS package, Source RPM, Source Tarball, Win32 package)

Savannah had the src.rpm, but my experiences with rsync failed and I did
not have the time to put there the src.rpm (read: I was hungry like a
starving lion).

There are new rpms up; there that identify a little more on their
nature.

> I would really appreciate it if we could coordinate the release of packages
> better and get a truly comprehensive release strategy into place.

Yes, I don't like to discover that I have to have packages two days from
now, all of a sudden, so I have rpms in time. I'd really rather have:
release is tagged, make packages until next week.
After having the packages, announce.

> I've attached my initial proposal for your review. Can we agree on this or
> something similar?

I have nothing to add, the document seemed a fine work as I read it.

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?