Re: Abi-Bug - More Lines Print on Paper than on Screen

Subject: Re: Abi-Bug - More Lines Print on Paper than on Screen
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 15:54:18 CST

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Virgil Arrington Jr. wrote:

> I reported the potential bug. I am using an IBM Thinkpad 1410 laptop,
> Windows 98 and an IBM Infoprint 12 laser printer. I use many different word
> processors including MS-Word 2000, Corel WordPerfect 8, Atlantis Nova 1,
> StarOffice 5.2, and AbiWord .096. With all of my programs except Abi, the
> printed page matches the onscreen page. However, with Abi, I routinely get
> more lines on the printed page than I do on the screen page. I assume that,
> since Abi is the only program where I get this behavior, it is a problem in
> Abi.
>
> Not being a programmer, I realize I could be wrong.
>
> Virgil

Virgil -

Most likely it is a bug in AbiWord and I appreciate your submitting it,
but I have not been able to reproduce it. Can you provide any more
information ( font this occurs with (ATM or TTF) - or sample document ).
Anything more to help me track down this errant behavior and correct it.
This is a nasty bug that should be squashed before the 1.0 release and I
will focus on it especially once I can reproduce it locally.

Thanks for your response.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett