Re: Contribute Section

Subject: Re: Contribute Section
From: David Chart (linux@dchart.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 19:07:19 CST

--On Monday, December 17, 2001 6:11 PM -0600 Jared Davis
<abiword@aiksaurus.com> wrote:

> It's been
> suggested that users could help with the documentation, but I'll leave
> that as an open ended question to David as to how he wants to manage
> that.

I could really do with someone to write help files for the Windows open and
save dialogs.

Other than that, the most helpful thing right now would be for someone to
go through the help files and make sure that they are all correct and up to
date. I'm in the process of doing that, but another pair of eyes would be a
good thing. They can also check that the explanations are easy to
understand.

If a number of people volunteer, we could look at producing How-To files
for various useful tasks (exchanging files with MS Word, setting
normal.awt, producing a web page, that sort of thing). My goal for 1.0 is
to have the whole interface, and normal.awt, documented, but additional
How-Tos would be nice.

David Chart