Re: I plan to move AbiGdkPixbuf into the main tree.

Subject: Re: I plan to move AbiGdkPixbuf into the main tree.
From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 08:54:25 CST

Ok, my $0.02 on the issue

GdkPixbuf requires no Gnome Libraries. However, Gnome itself requires
GdkPixbuf, which means that all Gnome installations will ship with a
working copy of GdkPixbuf.

Resolved: on Gnome versions of AbiWord, we should use GdkPixbuf to
import images because it's already there, linked in against our
application, ...

However, because it has no Gnome dependencies, it would be nice if our
GdkPixbuf loader also was available on non-Gnome platforms for those
persons who want to use it. Further, we do not want to maintain 2 copies
of the same source, because it is a maintance hell.

Resolution: Remove the GdkPixbuf plugin from the main sources in our CVS
tree, and instead only keep the plugin. Henceforth, I now MANDATE that
all future binary releases of AbiWord-Gnome install the GdkPixbuf loader
plugin in the AbiWord-global plugin directory
($prefix/share/AbiSuite/plugins).

Dom