Re: How did we get spammed?

Subject: Re: How did we get spammed?
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 09:00:25 CST

> How did we get spammed?
> I thought abiword was a closed list?

I would like to know that too, especially since this a second
message from the same source in a few weeks. I suspect that the
mail list server is set up in such a way that addresses originating
on abisource.com do not require subscription in order to post to the
list, and the spam pretends to originate on abisource.com, even
though it comes from 203.177.64.138, which is in the Philipines!!!

What ever the hole that lets this type of spam through is, it needs
to be closed.

Tomas