Re: smart quotes [ was Re: On the Road to version 1.0

Subject: Re: smart quotes [ was Re: On the Road to version 1.0
From: Bryce Nesbitt (bryce@obviously.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 09:57:32 CST

Tomas Frydrych wrote:

> > Pushed to 1.2 already by me. Smart quotes are disabled by default now,
> > and they really do work on linux but are buggy with regard to undo
> > operations (1822) and spell-checking.

Disabling smart quotes on Linux is one good step. However, there is
a related issue:

If a person creates a document in Abi for Windows they get `smart
quotes' in the file that display incorrectly on Abi for Linux.

How can that be polished for 1.0, so that all Abi documents display fully
on all platforms?