Re: Commit: donut fix

Subject: Re: Commit: donut fix
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 16:12:58 CST

According to j.m.maurer <j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl>:
> how could lstat() cause a compilation problem? I prefer lstat over stat
> cause if I for example link the help files dir to a help files dir in my
> home directory (not that it would be usefull or anything :-), stat fails
> to recognise this...

That was not a compilation problem. That was problem #2.
According to the man:
     lstat is identical to stat, except in the case of a symbolic link,
     where the link itself is stat-ed, not the file that it refers to.
So I don't want to lstat() the link since I'll follow it anyway. I want to
open the file. So I use stat().

2 for the price of 1 donut :-)

Hub