Re: On the Road to version 1.0

Subject: Re: On the Road to version 1.0
From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@multicert.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 15:42:52 CST

On Fri, 2001-12-21 at 10:30, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> >The SVG plugin may be GPL'd of course. Legally it
> >should be if it is linked to pstoedit.
> I'll leave that to the lawyers, but the SVG plugin is NOT part of
> the standard distribution NOR the source.

IANAL but according to all discussions around it, if it links with a GPL
software, then it has to use at least some common header files and so
on.

That way, it should be GPL'ed.

However, who's breking GPL are those who make the shareware plugin.

> >It would make a cool little plugin one day :-)
> >BTW since we don't have a working SVG implementation I think this will
> >have to wait until post 1.0.
> Yeah, until you have native vector support it wouldn't help...

I thought this was already possible through ImageMagick plugin.
I can't compile it on my system, however.

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?