Re: POW 5 - Bug-buddy support for AbiWord

Subject: Re: POW 5 - Bug-buddy support for AbiWord
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 08:15:28 CST

According to Bryce Nesbitt <bryce@obviously.com>:
> I took at look at Project Of the Week 5, Bug-Buddy support.
> It's easy enough to do, you just drop the appropriate files
> into /usr/share/bug-buddy.
>
> Unfortunately it's not very functional. The version number does
> not get filled in, the user gets no chance to search for existing
> bug reports first, and it requires email hacks to bugzilla. And,
> of course, only works for Gnome.

Bug-buddy support was not intended for non GNOME.
bug-buddy has been designed with Debian BTS in mind, not Bugzilla (bugzilla
proved to be more usable and GNOME switched over to it since). We don't have
Debian BTS, and we haven't set-up the hacks to it.

I think that the only way to do it properly with bug-buddy would be to add
direct bugzilla support.

Hub