Re: PATCH: automatic fillin of version number on bug reports

Subject: Re: PATCH: automatic fillin of version number on bug reports
From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 11:43:27 CST

Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 09:44, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> > Here's a patch for the "Help->Report A bug" menu item. The version
ill have to grab nightly build later in the week and see in which
position you put this new item (but if you could just tell me that would
be helpful).

another thing im wondering about is will users still have to subscibe to
post a bug?
As far as im concerned that is the most annoying part of filing a bug.
Most of us already have an account already, but when an ordinary user
actually bothers to report a bug putting obstacles in their way is not a
good idea. (i realise the downsides of this approach, im looking for
better alternative)
If this could be made optional? Perhaps warn users that their bugs will
receive more attention if they are reported personally?

Just my 2 pence
Alan