Re: PATCH request: edit headers

Subject: Re: PATCH request: edit headers
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 23:12:08 CST

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:

> I'm so unsure of what was meant by these features (how they are supposed
> to work) that I can't be more specific. Just take the message
> "the process of inserting headers, editing them, and returning to normal
> is not clear to users, and appears to be non-functional.". On quick
> inspection, I concluded the feature was not finished enough to be useful
> to me, and I formatted my document another way. Maybe I just did
> not have enough patience.

OK if there is no header in the document, click on the header button
and/or the Edit Header format option. Type in what you want. Then click in
the ordinary document to enter text and edit there.

Thereafter, single click in the header, or click the header toolbar button
or choose the edit header format command.

A header/footer is as much as an ordinary part of the document as
possible. (Except it disappears during Normal Mode.)

Cheers

Martin