Re: AbiWord Lite (#2488)

Subject: Re: AbiWord Lite (#2488)
From: Piotr Banski (bansp@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 14:41:42 CST

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Alan Horkan wrote:
> Abiword is already small and light, and it may get
> lighter as a lot of the newer features seem to living in plugin space, and
> some stuff is being seperated out.

This looks like a convincing argument to me, in that if most functionality
goes into plugins, 'AbiLite' may simply be AbiWord sans plugins. And the
marketing possibilities I was excited about would still exist: it could be
stated explicitly that without plugins, Abi is like an extended *editor*,
and it gains *word processing* capabilities when you add plugins. Cool.

There is still this 'if' to be considered, but I recall that this is
pretty much the direction in which Abi is going, isn't it.

Thanks for the feedback,

Piotr, getting ready to rest his case