Re: PATCH request: edit headers

Subject: Re: PATCH request: edit headers
From: Bryce Nesbitt (bryce@obviously.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 12:43:24 CST

Randy Kramer wrote:

> Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> > Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> > > Absolutely not. This is as confusing as tabbed dialogs with n-row of tabs.
> > > Click on a tab which is not in the bottom row and you'll see the tabs
> > > reorganized qand you would be confused. This is exactly what you would end
> > > up with by switching mode implicitly.
> > >
> > > I am all for normal mode because I'm more productive with it.
> > >
> > > Hub
> >
> > Could "normal" mode be a "zoom" mode? Then you'd have only one set
> > of linearly related modes to understand. You could zoom in and out:
> > body (e.g. normal)
> > body + headers
> > page width
> > full page
> > two page
> > etc...

In an attempt to cram both "magnification" and "layout" into
a single progression:

    Zoom
        compact view (text wraps to width of window - narrow or wide)
        normal view (shows true width, with no headers)
        page layout (shows headers also)
        full page (shows border of page also)
        two page (fits two pages in available window space)
        Any size...