Re: Styles Dialog

Subject: Re: Styles Dialog
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 06:15:16 CST

Tim Allen wrote:
> At the least, it's useful to provoke some discussion of what the dialog is
> supposed to do _before_ a working implementation gets checked in. I think
> the lists dialog would have benefitted from such a discussion.

I think is the right approach. IIRC Martin was to use (at least the ideas
from) my design for the lists dialog, and the very same concepts seems to
also be applicable here, i.e. the XP part takes care of the logic (which
seems to be somewhat complicated) and then forwards/requests the
plain-and-simple operations from the implementations specific dialogs.
There's no need for every platform to reimplement that logic with the
possibilities of getting it wrong.

I don't know what's best here, but perhaps we should wait for the Lists
Dialog implementation to settle down so we can learn from our mistakes (and
there were a few :-) ) and make this an easier task for the Styles Dialog
implementors?

/Mike