Re: Russian Leters in Abiword 0.7 under OpenBSD 2.7

Subject: Re: Russian Leters in Abiword 0.7 under OpenBSD 2.7
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 04:10:02 CST

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, ppnmrv wrote:

 Hi,

> Hi all!
>
> I know, that all russian patches are puted on abiword 0.7.12,
> but in my distribute of bsd I found port of 0.7 version Abiword.
>
> I compiled it and run and of course before running I put in fonts dir
> nessesary russian fonts, which work fine with patched Abiword-0.7.11 (with
> that russian patches), but when I tried to open russian document or
> to write on russian, there was no russian letters! I saw symbols, which
> aren't russian.

 Does the problem description belongs to standard package of AW-0.7 from
OpenBSD, or it's about 0.7.12 built by yourself?
 I recommend you to build 0.7.12 yourself. If the problem you've described is
about 0.7.12, then it seems that you didn't update your 'AbiWord' wrapper
script - so you don't have russian fonts in X server or font server fontpath.
Just run xlsfonts while AW is running and see whether the russian fonts you've
installed are in your font path.

> The question: is this (0.7) version is already patched for russian or not?

 It's impossible to tell until the exact version number (e.g. 0.7.10) of this
version is known. Blame package supplier for naming package in the wrong way.

> Suggestion: It's a good idea to have precompiled binaries for OpenBSD.

 It would be nice if you provided some. Nobody of AW developers uses OpenBSD
daily IIRC - that's the reason why packages for OpenBSD are not available.

 Thanks.

> Happy coding!
> Pavel

 Best regards,