Re: outlines vs. lists (was Re: Commit: Various Lists UI improvements.)

Subject: Re: outlines vs. lists (was Re: Commit: Various Lists UI improvements.)
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 21:50:55 CST

Paul,

Thanks for your post, I think it helps to clarify a subject that was
certainly confusing me (the difference between lists and outlines, and I
was probably guilty of throwing in the additional confusion with
numbering).

I am uncertain what you mean by your very last statement. If you are
suggesting that a collapsible outline is more of a niche product and
should not be part of a word processor like AbiWord, I would be
disappointed.

I'm sure there are very few people who use collapsible outlining, but I
think it is one of those features that is underused because people
aren't aware of how useful it is (like stylesheets, (or templates, as
Word calls them now)).

Anyway, I'm just trying to cast a vote to not exclude collapsible
outlining as a future feature of AbiWord.

Randy Kramer