uPOW - 2001 week 5

Subject: uPOW - 2001 week 5
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 03:45:22 CST

This POW is the first of at least two, hopefully more, POWs which are
intended to be zapped by AbiWord users instead of AbiWord
developers. Call it uPOW if you will, if you promise not to belittle
it compared to developer POWs while doing so.

Why do we need uPOWs? That's simple: there are only, by my reckoning,
about 10-15 active AbiWord developers. And at the moment we spend far
too much of our time on keeping the web pages current, triaging bugs,
trying to make sense of bugs, etc.

The development pace of AbiWord would improve if we could get some
users (who do not necessarily know how to program, but do want to
contribute) to help with these things. It might even make for better
handling of these things as we developers have a nasty habbit of
trying to get around stuff like this as easy as possible (so we can
get back to hacking :)

For information about (u)POWs, please see
http://www.abisource.com/pow.phtml

Thanks,
Jesper

--------------------------- uPOW 2001 week 5 ---------------------------

We need to make sure that the web pages properly represent the state
of AbiWord. Presently, people will get the impression that the project
is (partly) dead, on account of stuff being out of date.

First, track down all the PR AbiWord has received in the past year
(and any PR missing from before then) and update
http://www.abisource.com/reviews.phtml

Second, look at updating the feature list at this page:
http://www.abisource.com/products.phtml

Third (optional), go through all the pages and make sure that they are
indeed up to date.

Seeing as the web pages can only be edited by a few people, you should
download the existing HTML pages (use the Save command in your
browser) and edit those. Then send the result to the developer mailing
list when done. If you do not know HTML, collecting the information
and passing it along in plain text will suffice.

Remember to post to the developer list before you start working on
this - we don't want people to duplicate work and waste their time. If
more than one person is interested in this work, we can help you hook
up for a coordinated effort.