Re: PageSize Backend and some changes to PageSize front end.

Subject: Re: PageSize Backend and some changes to PageSize front end.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 07:28:49 CST

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> >Doing anything else is a hell of a lot more work. For the time being just
> >having the choice of landscape or portrait is a nice feature.
> >
> At a MINIMUM, please write out the page size information in
> the document header as a starting place.

Yes, I've done this already. You can write out a page size and orientation
and read it back. Changing From A4 => A1 or portrait to Landscape in the
*.abw file with emacs has the desired effect upon importing. I just have
to hook all this up to the dialog and I'm done.

I thought about making Page size/orientation a per section property but I
decided not to do it because of the difficulties in propagating all the
changes needed to the layout structure to the frame. Basically all the
layout classes and fv_View has to be destroyed and re-calculated for
every view on the document and the Top and side rulers need to be re-drawn.
This is equivalent to changing the zoom level and is outside the scope of
the layout classes. There is even some platform specific code required.

Leaving the page size and orientation as a per document level is more
intuitive (to me anyway) and is much easier to implement. I can just re-
use the ap_Frame->setZoomPercentage method to re-draw everything in the
frame (including the rulers).

Cheers

Martin