Re: PageSize Backend and some changes to PageSize front end.

Subject: Re: PageSize Backend and some changes to PageSize front end.
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 18:20:48 CST

At 9:10 AM +1100 2/3/01, Martin Sevior wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>
> > Not in the header, BUT for each page since we do NOT want to
> > preclude the (future?) ability to have different pages with different
> > sizes/orientations.
>
>We currently do not write out per page information.

        I know...I complained about that already for my other
abi-related project.

>In fact once the
>option to choose a pagesize is in place (I've got the basics working
>already I'll finish the backend of the dialog by Monday for sure) the
>relationship between text and page number is rather arbitary since it
>depends on the page size.

        True, but it should be related to the section in question. A
section defines a new block of text in a different layout (columns,
page size, etc.) - so even putting it into a section would be
acceptable.

>Doing anything else is a hell of a lot more work. For the time being just
>having the choice of landscape or portrait is a nice feature.

        At a MINIMUM, please write out the page size information in
the document header as a starting place.

Leonard

                   You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
					America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65