Re: PageSize Backend and some changes to PageSize front end.

Subject: Re: PageSize Backend and some changes to PageSize front end.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 16:10:20 CST

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

> At 11:12 AM +1100 2/2/01, Martin Sevior wrote:
> >I think we should also have a new PageSize memeber variable
> >"m_bisLandScape". If true this would swap the getWidth and getHeight
> >return values. The printing code should interogate this to determine if
> >printing in in Landscape or protrait mode.
> >
> >This should also be written out in the header of the *.abw file format.
>
> Not in the header, BUT for each page since we do NOT want to
> preclude the (future?) ability to have different pages with different
> sizes/orientations.

We currently do not write out per page information. In fact once the
option to choose a pagesize is in place (I've got the basics working
already I'll finish the backend of the dialog by Monday for sure) the
relationship between text and page number is rather arbitary since it
depends on the page size.

Doing anything else is a hell of a lot more work. For the time being just
having the choice of landscape or portrait is a nice feature.

Cheers

Martin