Re: PATCH: Compilation with LIBXML2 was broken

Subject: Re: PATCH: Compilation with LIBXML2 was broken
From: Frodo Looijaard (frodol@dds.nl)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 16:52:41 CST

Hi folks,

the mess with expat's XML_Char (which is defined as (char *)) and
libxml2's XML_Char (which is defined as (unsigned char *)) is awful.
Included is a patch that should at least make it compile (add it
to my previous patch on this subject!). But you don't want to know
about the amount of warnings that compiling with ABI_OPT_LIBXML2
generates.

Why do we try to support both expat and libxml2? I choose libxml2
myself because I have it in shared form, on the theory that this
will cut down on the size of the AbiWord image. But, unless there
is a good reason why we support both (do they not run on all
platforms?) I think we should resolve which one we want to use.

Comments?

  Frodo

--
Frodo Looijaard <frodol@dds.nl>  PGP key and more: http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol