Re: ttf printing

Subject: Re: ttf printing
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 03:13:20 CST

> Adobe's way of handling fonts with more than 255 glyphs is CID keyed
> font. It basically packages PS1 glyph in a different way. You just
> need to load some PS initial files to use CID keyed fonts in PS level2
> printer (I think).

My problem with the PS fonts that contain more than 255
characters is that the XFree font server does not seem to be aware
of the characters > 255, so I cannot actually display them on the
screen; we could print them using their names, as Vlad found out,
but that seems somewhat academic if we cannot display them.

If I am wrong about this, and you know how to register such a PS
font with the XFree server so that it would appear to it as a Unicode
font, please let me know (try xlsfont -ll -fn 'fontname', if in the
output it says min_byte1 = 0 and max_byte1 = 0, then the font will
be treated by XFree as an 8-bit-only font.)

Tomas

tomas@frydrych.net / www.frydrych.net
PGP keys: http://www.frydrych.net/contact.html