Re: Optimization Opportunities 1 [long]

Subject: Re: Optimization Opportunities 1 [long]
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 09:00:42 CST

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 09:57:05AM -0500, Ben Hall wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> If you're serious about the slow machine I've got a siz year old Alpha
> and enough parts to build a 486 with ~16MB RAM. The Alpha (233 w/ 64MB
> RAM) took about 2 hours to compile Abi 0.7.12 and is VERY slow.

Well, actually, trying to run it over a long connection would probably
be a mistake. But if you could provide profile data for that alpha,
that would be super-cool. just compile with ABI_OPT_PROFILE=1. If
you don't know how to use gprof, read the man page, or email me and
I'll give you the short course. But that would make profiling lots
easier.

Thanks

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu