Re: Questions about web page

Subject: Re: Questions about web page
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 14:29:33 CST

At 11:03 AM 2/5/01 -0600, Sam TH wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 08:19:25AM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
>> We could start by updating the screenshot on the front page so we can
>> drool narsisistically over our progress. :)
>
>Calling people with pretty GTK themes. :-)

I took that screenshot as of 0.5.3, and would *love* to see something
fresher, both here and on the screen shots page:

  http://www.abisource.com/dev_dumps.phtml

Getting a good screenshot for the front page is harder than it looks,
though. You want something small which subtly shows off a lot of features.
For example, the current shot crams in all of the following:

  - infinite undo
  - tooltips
  - rulers
  - hanging indent
  - selections
  - spell check
  - multiple columns

Plus which, if you read the text, it has a not-so-subtle marketing message.
:-) Not too shabby for a less than 16 KB image which is narrow enough for
the page to print in portrait mode, too!

Paul