Re: Questions about web page

Subject: Re: Questions about web page
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 14:44:10 CST

At 09:14 AM 2/5/01 -0500, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
>On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Ashleigh Gordon wrote:
>> Can people please email me some screenshots in the different =
>> languages(not english, I don't need those)?
>
>Not only that, but a nice gallery of all our platforms would be nice.

Definitely. Once we come up with a standard set of shots, it would be
really cool to have an online virtual tour of the entire interface. Plenty
of the raw material should already be in the tree:

  abi/shots/*

In fact, if someone's really ambitious with their PHP skills, it'd be cool to
set up quick overview tours of the user interface on the website -- think
marketing, rather than documentation -- with a screen shot and a one or two
sentence teaser on each page:

  +---------------------------------+
  | |
  | |
  | |
  | |
  | |
  | |
  +---------------------------------+
  prev | next

  The XXX dialog allows you to control YYYY.

At the beginning of the tour, you'd choose your platform, and could see the
entire interface for that platform by just running through the tour.

However, to emphasize how similar our UI is across platforms, it'd be really
cool to also include that same "Platform" combo somewhere on each page of
the tour. Then, changing the combo would reload the same page with the
screenshot from another platform.

I suspect it's not much content work -- mostly CGI/PHP hacking to take
advantage of the abi/shots directory.

Paul,
dreamer