Re: Questions about web page

Subject: Re: Questions about web page
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 08:14:58 CST

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Ashleigh Gordon wrote:

> Since I'm going to update the web page, I have a few questions.
>
> Is there still a company(Sourcegear) that is actively promoting and =
> selling Abiword? I was under the impression that they had pulled out. =
> THe web page currently looks like they are still in charge.

They are our current development hosts. While they are not actively
contributing developer resources, they still provide the build
machines, host the web-site, maintain the mailing lists etc for
the AbiSuite project. As such I think that it is only right to
give them a bit of credit, even if their developer resources have
re-focused.

> Should the references to other Abi products, such as the spreadsheet =
> etc. still be there? What about the link to the store?

I don't know if the store is still active (I don't believe it is),
but I do hope that someday we will in fact expand from the WordProcessor
and build a SpreadSheet and PresentationSoftware/ImageEditor.

> Should I include links to the POW and the new uPOW(which I think is a =
> godd idea) in the main page?

Sure ... in a "How can I help" section perhaps.

> Can people please email me some screenshots in the different =
> languages(not english, I don't need those)?

Not only that, but a nice gallery of all our platforms would be nice.

> Is it OK if I use frames? This will save me quite a bit of work. Or =
> should there be both?

NO FRAMES! Frames are evil evil things.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf