Re: [Bug] Very Minor text display BUG in Windows installer and docs

Subject: Re: [Bug] Very Minor text display BUG in Windows installer and docs
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 04:26:02 CST

> (note: to make a linebreak in any windows e.g. STATIC control you have to
> write"\r\n". It sucks, why I'd like to repoen eve the issue regarding
> streams (not neccessarily std::ios)

Is it not the case though under Windows that if you open a file
setting the opening attributes to text, e.g., fopen("some_file", "r+t")
that the conversion \n <-> \r\n is automatically carried out by the
input and output routines? I recall quite clearly that at least
Borland's rtl used to take care of this.

Tomas