RE: vote system (was RE: version 1.0)

Subject: RE: vote system (was RE: version 1.0)
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@celium.net)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 07:53:34 CST

Dom wrote:

> >I vote +1 to accept the Apache vote style! (god, that's getting
> >recursive...)
>
> IIRC, only members of the apache board can vote on issues, and if at all
> possible, I'd like to assure that something like that exists here too. Is

good point. Maybe we should only count the vote that comes from people that
are in the CREDITS.TXT file.

> this system even necessary? I've never seen us use it except
> half-jokingly
> and also when it was completely obivous that everyone would be in
> favor of
> doing something. And what about platform-specific things? If we
> don't make
> rules as to who can vote (both in general and on what topics) and other
> issues I consider important -100 me.
>
> As it stands I'm unconvinced and -1,

Of course, I, for instance, will never vote on a QNX issue. We still need
some common sense! But I think that the CREDITS.TXT restriction will pretty
much be enough.

Do you agree?

and about the need of the system, I think that it would be useful to set the
rules to say when something has been accepted. The last "bool discussion"
was "lost in the dust" only because at the end we didn't know if "bool" had
been accepted (everybody exposed his point of view, and nobody expressed a
strong disagreement, and some people expressed that they wanted bool instead
of UT_Bool, but anyway it was not clear).

So, do you still feel -1 ? :)

Cheers,

--
Joaquin Cuenca Abela