Re: outlines vs. lists (was Re: Commit: Various ListsUIimprovements.)

Subject: Re: outlines vs. lists (was Re: Commit: Various ListsUIimprovements.)
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 14:28:45 CST

Just for the record, being able to print the document fully expanded or
collapsed to various degrees is helpful for we who are more comfortable
reading a sheet of paper than a CRT. Dos versions of Word directly
supported printing the outline at any degree of expansion. In Windows
I've printed screenshots or created a table of contents from the outline
just to overcome the limitation that Word 97 does not directly support
printing the collapsed outline.

Randy Kramer