Re: Copy & paste retains properties but not styles - bugorunimplemented feature?

Subject: Re: Copy & paste retains properties but not styles - bugorunimplemented feature?
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 14:40:12 CST

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 03:18:12PM -0500, ROBERT CAMPBELL wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Am I correct in assuming, then, that cut/copy & paste is a handled
> behind the scenes as an RTF export and import? Would adding style
> support to the RTF importer and exporter fix both problems? I'm not
> promising anything, but I have been looking for a way to get involved.

Yes. Our copy/paste mechanism involves pasting RTF to the clipboard.
This is why it took so long to get copying and pasting of lists, since
they had to imported and exported in RTF. That's also why copying and
pasting of fields doesn't work (or is that supposed to).

We'd love to have you help with that.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/