Re: Code problems found by doxygen

Subject: Re: Code problems found by doxygen
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 17:01:47 CST

Paul Rohr wrote:
> OK, C++ whizzes, is the void (*) vs void (* pfnBindHandles) "mismatch" a
> Doxygen flaw, or did we just cut&paste a broken declaration to all the
> exporters?

Making a global search for pfnBindHandles, and checking fl_SectionLayout,
what I've fond is OK. Doxygen complains because the function pointer in the
"(*)" is missing. If I got it right, this is a doxygen syntax parser error.

> > void IE_Exp_PalmDoc::_zero_fill(register char * p,register int len)

This I can only say is an error in itself. For example: Is any version of
e.g. gcc really that "dumb" that it trusts a users suggestion to use a
register? On x86?! The only CPU with basically less registers than you have
digits on your hand, _even if you loose your thumb_!

I'd go for removing those attempts to make anything a register variable.
Actually, I'd like to ban the "register" keyword.

/Mike