Re: re CVS commit mailing list [was: ... BOUNCE ...]

From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 17:46:32 CST

Mike wrote
>At least to me it would be. As mentioned, if I commit a multi-directory
>path
>it will
>result in numerous commit messages that are something like 10-30 seconds
>apart. Perhaps this _can_ somehow be solved (by delaying the commit
>auto-posts 60-90 seconds for one user to try to consolidate them?) but then
>perhaps there are two
>indicidual committs...
>Besides, if it includes the complete diff, I'll be online tens of minutes
>instead of tens of seconds using my bl**dy dial-up. To me that counts.

Actually, Mike, you're only kind of right (which means mostly wrong). You
can get it so that multiple directory commits get "rolled up" into one big
commit message. I've done it. The BSD guys have done it. It can be done :-)
I can provide sample code upon request, but I'll have to be in work to
physically access the boxes in question (firewalls and such).

Dom

>Beside the one I mentioned? :-)
>No. If you think it will be worth it, go ahead, but I'll don't like it a
>bit. (until proven wrong)

Dom