cvs log mailing list

From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 17:59:23 CST

> Sam TH wrote:
> > Sending commit messages to this list would be a bad idea, and is *not*
> > what's being suggested. Also, due basic flaws in CVS, everyone would
> > send multiple messages if the changed files in two dirs.
>
> OK, then I know what list to not subs*ribe to, using dial-up. But to be 100%
> sure, is this new suggested list to only hold CVS auto-generated commit
> messages? Are we still to send (and especially get) manually posted commit
> posts to aw-dev?

Well, the idea would be that everyone would be on both lists. So no,
there wouldn't still be the postings to -dev.

If the number of messages (I'm sure we could not send the patch in the
email) is prohbitive for some people, then we'll keep the current
system.

And please don't use the word subsc*ibe in your emails.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key: