Re: commit -- libglade support

Subject: Re: commit -- libglade support
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 04:09:29 CST

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, [iso-8859-1] Joaquín Cuenca Abela wrote:

> Now, we only need to do the right Makefile magic in order to compile the
> .po file, copy it to the right place /usr/share/LC_MESSAGES/..., and
> link with the right gettext lib, and so on.
>
> And here comes the trick, I don't know how to do all this magic without
> autoconf/automake.
> I've been searching with google, but I found *ZERO* references (ok, only
> a mail from James Hensdridge explaining how to about autoconf, but
> anything about how to about automake).

Hi Joaquin,
        how about this.

In making the Lists dialog you'll label a radio button "Add To List".
Then you invent a new parameter for the strings.h file called

AP_STRING_DIALOG_LIST_Add_to_List "Add To List"

So then the other platforms can use the existing Abi mechanism and you can
use the translated *.po files with gettext.

It's not as nice as pure gettext but I think it would work. Maybe Kenneth
could be persuaded to produce a perl script that generates Strings.h
entries from _"Add To List" label in the glade XML file.

Cheers

Martin