Re: commit -- libglade support

Subject: Re: commit -- libglade support
From: Gediminas Paulauskas (menesis@delfi.lt)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 16:03:57 CST

kažkada, berods Kt, 2001-02-08 10:29-0600, Sam TH rašė:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 11:34:36AM -0500, Thomas Briggs wrote:
> >
> > > Additionally, the glade runtime has a dependency on libxml. Given
> > > this, it seems there wouldn't be a point to still having expat.
> >
> > There will always be a point in having expat - I for one have no desire
> > to port libxml to Windows when expat works just fine.
> >

> Sorry, should have been more specific. I mean that Unix would no
> longer need expat.

libglade depends on libxml1, while abiword uses libxml2. libxml1-dev and
libxml2-dev are conflicting packages (hm.... they were until today when
libxml 2.3.0 was released). I couldn't compile abiword with both gnome and
libxml2 because of this. Using two different libraries for the same thing in
gnome is ... at least strange.

--
Gediminas Paulauskas  ---  ICQ #24859336  ---  Kaunas, Lithuania