Re: The Win32 tinderbox build is dead...

Subject: Re: The Win32 tinderbox build is dead...
From: Thomas Briggs (tom@sane.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 14:25:40 CST

> > How hard is it to add new boxes to tinderbox? If I scrounged up a
crappy
> > old system, slapped Windows on it and set it up to build AbiWord all
day,
> > could we get the results included in tinderbox easily enough?
>
> It's very easy. Anyone who wants to be a tinderbox hostcan be one
> with a minimum of trouble. You just need a permanent internet
> connection. If you are willing to do this, Tom, that would be great.
> Then I wouldn't have to worry about the Win32 boxes at sourcegear,
> which would be very nice.

   Well, I have a permanent connection, and I also happen to have a
dedicated Win32 box that doesn't get a whole lot of use, so this may be
feasible for me to do.
   Will it matter that the machine is behind a firewall? (I control the
firewall, so we could work around it if necessary, but if possible I'd
prefer not to do that...)

   -Tom