Re: commit -- libglade support

Subject: Re: commit -- libglade support
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 18:12:26 CST

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Sam TH wrote:

> And on the point of having two many different libraries, I would just
> be using expat, if I were the only person working on this project.
> But far be it from me to reject Aaron's patches to keep libxml support
> working.

Just to reitterate, there is a really high quality project to render
MathML called gtkMathview. I've downloaded it and started to look at it.
It written in C++ and has Graphics Context abstraction layer just like
Abi. This has been used to render MathML to both a gtk graphics context
and Postscript. I think it would be rather easy to make a wrapper for
Abi's XP Graphics class and hey presto we have a platform independent
Math renderer.

The main author is Luca Padovani
Luca Padovani <luca.padovani@cs.unibo.it>. The home page is:

http://www.cs.unibo.it/~asperti/HELM/mml-widget/

This marvelous piece of software is GPL'd and requires libxml2. We should
definately maintain libxml2 support for post 1.0 Abi.

Cheers

Martin