RE: commit -- libglade support

Subject: RE: commit -- libglade support
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@celium.net)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 05:38:24 CST

Aaron wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 07:11:39PM +0100, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
> > yes. I prefer to see the libglade issues solved, but if there are not
> > solved I (or Martin) will degladeify the dialog.
>
> I have a compromise.
>
> The GNOME build can use libglade. The GTK builds can use glade's code
> generation feature to avoid the prohibutive dependencies.

the problem is that I want to use libglade mainly for the gtk+ build. Let's
me explain a bit:

The gnome build don't have to handle the gtk code that builds a dialog
(mostly). Inheritance takes cares of this problem. The main problem that I
tried to solve with libglade is the time and pain that takes to fix even a
little UI problem. If you don't remember, the lists dialog discussion
caused many many emails, and the UI has been discussed to the bones.

I wanted to post a dialog box that looks like the word one, but I'm pretty
much sure that not everybody will agree with my design, and I want to
simplify the work of everybody that wants to fix the UI (specially myself).

A cool side effect of libglade is that the little code that we had to wrote
to have a gnome version is no more necessary.

And just to be clear, I *DON'T* want to add a gnome depencie to the GTK+
build. When I wanted to add a gnome depencie I did it an optional thing.

Cheers,

--
Joaquin Cuenca Abela
cuenca@celium.net