Re: commit -- libglade support

Subject: Re: commit -- libglade support
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 12:54:36 CST

Joaquin,

What took you so long? ;-)

Seriously, this sounds very promising. Insofar as glade is the de facto GUI
builder for GTK and GNOME, I'm glad to see us taking steps to make it easier
to use glade output like we use resource editors on other platforms.

A few questions I may have missed in your min-FAQ:

1. Is libglade a build-time or run-time dependency? If it's just a
build-time dependency, then users won't need libglade installed, and there's
unlikely to be much (if any) bloat to the executable.

2. What's dependency on gettext does this introduce? I'm unclear on how
this interacts with the i18n mechanism still being used elsewhere in the app
-- particularly on other platforms. Dialog strings should still only have to
be localized once for all platforms.

Paul