PATCH: psiconv makefiles update (was Re: HP-UX build)

Subject: PATCH: psiconv makefiles update (was Re: HP-UX build)
From: Frodo Looijaard (frodol@dds.nl)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 16:07:23 CST

Kevin Vajk wrote:

> I'm starting to try building abiword on HP-UX.
>
> I promise not to spam the list with every single little build problem
> I run into, but I was wondering if anybody knew off-hand what to make
> of this error:
> Found psiconv in peer directory
> make[5]: Entering directory `/home/kvajk/abi/psiconv'
> cd . && aclocal
> aclocal: configure.in: 8: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
> make[5]: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1
>
> It looks like there used to be support for HP-UX in the build process;
> I'd like to resuscitate that.

You need a newer version of automake and/or autoconf.

Whoever checked in psiconv, somehow made some auto-generated files
newer than some source files; so autoconf/automake tries to remake
them (I only just found out, when I tried a fresh checkout). That
is not nice :-(

I have attached a still-not-applied patch (update of libtool) which
hopefully will also resolve this issue. But it remains a little
difficult without CVS write-access to get this completely right.
Whoever applies this: can you please check when you have committed
this whether a fresh checkout tries to call aclocal, autoconf or
friends when you do `./configure; make' ?

Thanks,
  Frodo

--
Frodo Looijaard <frodol@dds.nl>  PGP key and more: http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol