Re: Commit: Various Lists UI improvements.

Subject: Re: Commit: Various Lists UI improvements.
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 11:55:01 CST

Graham,

Thanks for writing! (I was afraid everyone had gotten disgusted with
even talking about outlining. ;-)

I remember there was such a thing (the outliner by Brown Bag) (or more
than one) -- I don't remember the name and I don't recall using it.

Have you ever used outlining (not lists) in Word? I have never found a
competing word processor with outlining features anything like it. As
I'm learning, sometimes people describe what Word calls a list (numbered
or bulleted) as an outline.

I have not made exhaustive studies of word processors, but if you know
of another word processor with outlining features like Word's, I'd be
interested in looking more closely at it, especially if it works in
Linux.

Anyway, I'm glad to know that there are other people out there who are
interested in (some kind of) outlining features.

Randy Kramer