Re: Commit: A bunch of UI additions

Subject: Re: Commit: A bunch of UI additions
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 13:48:28 CST

> As I said, it is indeed silly, and a windowmanager can maximize the
>window BUT if I understand what it means, it's a little more than maximize,
>right?

> Well, IMHO, it is a silly option, but then, I just won't use it, neither
>will Aaron, which doesn't mean that others won't use/like it.
> I don't see any harm in it existing, for the moment.

I'd have to agree here. Actually, it seems that some of you have not cvs
updated and tried this option out :)

It *does not* make your abiword window larger. When I was using Mac MSWord
'98 for some silly reason yesterday, "full screen" does the following:
1) Removes the toolbars
2) Removes the rulers
3) Asserts that the document zoom == 100% (i think)

This is all that we do too (well, we don't do do 100% zoom). This feature
doesn't maximize the window at all. I could do this, but I don't see any
reason to. It's like 20 LOC that I'd be happy to back out if enough people
hassled me. Right now, I don't see the harm in it being there.

Dom