Re: Commit: A bunch of UI additions

Subject: Re: Commit: A bunch of UI additions
rms@greymalkin.yi.org
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 13:47:35 CST

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 10:19:54PM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 01:16:40AM -0500, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> > I added View->Full Screen mode like in Word '98
> Can you make this Gnome-only? I guess people who use the Gnome build
> don't mind microsoft crap, but other people likely do not want to
> stretch one window over the entirety of their X root.

Aaron, sorry.. but you are way out of your league.

Take something for the nerves, it's affecting your judgement.
What's the harm in View->Full Screen?
Don't want to use it? Fine! It's damn silly menu option, and won't even harm your toolbar clicking or document viewing. Just don't use it!

Unless it requires GNOME stuff, I think that you are just being fundamentalist, and that is not good.

Calm yourself down, please!

On another side note:
  As I said, it is indeed silly, and a windowmanager can maximize the window BUT if I understand what it means, it's a little more than maximize, right?
 Well, IMHO, it is a silly option, but then, I just won't use it, neither will Aaron, which doesn't mean that others won't use/like it.
 I don't see any harm in it existing, for the moment.

Hugs, rms