Re: BiDi plan of battle

Subject: Re: BiDi plan of battle
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 18:07:54 CST

HI Tomas,
        This is good. Since we've had no complaints about your PS patch
I'll commit it tommorrow, if we can sort out some casting weirdnesses.

I first applied your patch on RedHat 6.2 which uses gcc2.92. Everything
went fine. On my RH 7.0 notebook, which uses gcc 2.96 I get errors
compiling

src/af/xap/unix/xap_UnixPSGraphics.cpp

because the array "buf" is declared
unsigned char buf[OUR_LINE_LIMIT*2]

and various strlen and strcpy functions want char * variables.

To get abi to compile in RH 7.0 I had to cast:

strlen( (char *) buf)

and

strcpy( (char *) pD, (const char *) glyph)

etc..

Now will that screw everything up for characters > 127? Is there a defined
standard of str* functions that will work on unsigned char * variables?

Cheers

Martin