Re: potential POW -- revive feature and UI matrices?

Subject: Re: potential POW -- revive feature and UI matrices?
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 06:00:14 CST

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Paul Rohr wrote:

> Martin,
>
> Oh dear, if hacker-ese sounds this dense to you, I really feel for you.
> On my second pass, I'm beginning to believe that your bytecodes should be
> translated as follows:
>
> "Yes. Somebody should revive and update them."

More like, "commit" this as a POW (we seem to have more POW than weeks but
who's counting :-)

> I'm not sure if the following corollary was intended or not:
>
> "Otherwise, we should nuke the stale versions."

No I didn't say that but maybe it's true.

> Am I getting warm?

Sorry about the Particle Physics slang but the analogy of virtual
functions which aren't real until a subclass implements them and virtual
particles that aren't real until they interact appealed to me.

Cheers

Martin