Re: does expat/libtool combo work on Win32?

Subject: Re: does expat/libtool combo work on Win32?
From: Thomas Briggs (tom@sane.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 08:00:46 CST

> I've just done my first cvs update since last June, and am having problems
> right out of the box. This is the same environment I've been using for
Abi
> development since the beginning -- NT 4.0, VC 5, Cygwin B19.

   I've been upgrading to the newest CygWin distributions as soon as they
come out for about the last year or so, so if things don't work with CygWin
B19, B20 or B21 that may well be my fault. Since I seem to be one of the
few people still building from the command line on Windows I haven't been
overly concerned with older CygWin distributions.
   So the easiest solution to your problem is probably just to upgrade to
the latest CygWin. Make sure you install it in a root directory though -
Abi won't build unless your CygWin root dir is really a root dir (which is
not Abi's fault).

   -Tom